This is Boulder, home of the University of Boulder, the largest University in Colorado. The heavy rain forced it to close. Boulder County was one of the hardest hit.
This is Broomfield, a town near Denver, our capital. Roads washed out and homes were flooded.
This is highway 34 near Estes Park. Weather forecasters are saying that our 11+ inches was half a year's rain, in three days. Good heavens that's a "lotta" rain.
This is an over-loaded sewer/geyser in Manitou Springs, near where I live.
But enough about our wet weather, let's get started this week by announcing the winners of last week's A Day For Daisies challenge....
our Grand Prize winner is
Please contact: Tammy at A Day for Daisies
to receive your $12 Gift Certificate.
Subject: ADFD and SSW September 2013 Winner:
Be sure to grab your winner's badge from our sidebar and proudly display it on your blog!
Our Top Three are:
1: Carol Dee #8
2: Heather #9
3: Claudia #7
3: Claudia #7
A big congratulations to all the winners from last week.
If you are new to Sweet Sketch Wednesdays a BIG welcome to you! For those who are returning, we are thrilled to see you back. We can't wait to see what you do with this week's sketch.
This week we are sooo happy to be able to welcome back Sally-Ann from Digi Stamp Boutique. She has been our faithful monthly sponsor for many years and we are always excited to use her images.
Click here to visit her Shop:
or click here to visit the DSB Blog
All images/designs are created and copyright owned by Sally-Ann Hancock. My work means the world to me - it allows my passion to draw and create, to fit with my family life - often the inspiration for my designs. Hope you enjoy as much as I enjoy creating.
Sally-Ann is generously providing a prize of 6 free digi images to the winner. Nice!
If you still need some inspiration, take a look to see what our lovely and VERY talented Design Team did this week.
Here are the Sweet Sketch Wednesday challenge rules for playing along:
- Create a card using the sketch of the week. If you have a Digi Stamp Boutique image, we'd love to see what you can do with it. However, you may use any stamp or element you have to create your card.
- If you are posting to an online gallery, please use SSW #224 as your label or tag.
- Add the sketch of the week to your blog and include a link back to Sweet Sketch Wednesday.
- Post your card on your blog along with the link to SSW.
- Sign in to Inlinkz and add a direct link back to your card on your site.
- Be sure to leave a comment here on this site and please remember that this is one of the rules to be considered for the Grand Prize.
Note: The challenge closes on Tuesday evening, 7:00 pm MST.
Have a GREAT week creating and see you back here, next week!