Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Happy Wednesday

Yes, it's Hump Day!!! Welcome to Sweet Sketch Wednesday. We are always so happy to see you and your wonderful creations each week. I know you're gonna love the latest sketch, but let me get down to business first.

The winner from last week of a $10 gift certificate from Stamp Fairy is:


CONGRATULATIONS!!! Be sure to grab your winner's badge and display it proudly on your blog. 

Please email Arlana at sweetberrydesigns@hotmail.com
to receive your $10 Gift Certificate

Subject:  Stamp Fairy and SSW August 2013 Winner


Our Top Three in no particular order are:
Kathy #4

Suze #10

Dorothy #9


Go ahead and display our Top Three badge on your blog, you did great!!!


Here's our sketch for this week, another beauty!! We have our very own Sally Dube to thank for this wonderful sketch...THANKS SALLY!!!

Our fabulous sponsor this week is Deidre Mosher Designs. Our lucky winner from this week will receive a $10 gift certificate from Deidre Mosher Designs.


Deidre Mosher Bio
Wildly Whimsical and Seriously Sassy Art is definitely a trademark of Deidre Mosher.
I have been in the business of art for over 25+ years. Starting out as a fashion illustrator, moving into Art Direction, where I did everything from print to TV...and eventually I found my way back to illustration. My art is just plain fun and my love of color is clearly evident in the designs I create. I'm currently licensed with a variety of companies...my designs are used on craft products, greeting cards/paper products, kitchenware, business products and such.
I am first and foremost an...Illustrator and Designer. I am inspired by seriously sassy & bold colors, but also love the 'wow factor' of classic black and white designs. I'm crazy for stripes and dots, and they are a repeated theme in my work.
As an Illustrator, I work in many mediums and styles, ranging from the line art to pastels...having fun adapting them to the latest project. I am inspired by some my favorite artists ...Matisse's use of bold color, Klimt's knowledge of figures and lavish attention to detail, and Gauguin's wild approach to his subjects. They are all so 'awe inspiring'! I'm happiest when I am in my studio and starting a new project...making a mess, experimenting...and even throwing paint.
Any day in the studio is a great day!
I usually get an idea when I least expect it...so when the 'light bulb' goes off...I sketch and sketch and sketch...(hence the reason I buy tracing paper in bulk). I always begin with a pencil and paper, and it evolves from there. My favorite part of the process?? EVERYTHING...from beginning to end.


Now for some inspiration from our very talented Design Team, using some Deidre Mosher images:












We hope these samples inspire you to create and join in our challenge this week.

Here are the Sweet Sketch Wednesday challenge rules for playing along:.

1. Create a card using the sketch of the week.  If you have any Deidre Mosher images, we'd love to see what you can do with them.  However, you may use any stamp or element you have to create your card.

2.  If you are posting to an online gallery, please use Sweet Sketch Wednesday # 219 as your label or tag.

3.  Add the sketch of the week to your blog and include a link back to Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

4.  Post your card on your blog along with the link to SSW.

5.  Sign in to Inlinkz and add a direct link back to your card on your site.

6.  Be sure to leave a comment here on this site and please remember that this is one of the rules to be considered for the Grand Prize.

Have a fantastic week creating!

Note:  The challenge closes on Tuesday evening, 7:00 pm MST.



 Happy Crafting from Linda and

Photobucket

32 comments:

  1. Congratulations Roberta - I loved your card. And congrats to the top 3.

    Huuuge thank you to Deirdre Mosher Designs. I loved working with my image.

    Can't wait to see your creations this week.

    Holly x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi everyone and happy Wednesday. Congratulations to Roberta this weeks winner and to our top 3 cards. Thanks so much to Deidre Mosher for being our sponsor I do love my cute image. Thanks Linda for your great post and to Sally for another wonderful sketch. It's time for bed for me but I'll be back later on tomorrow to comment on everyone's blogs and I'm looking forward to seeing everyone wonderful cards this week and see what you create with this sketch. Take care everyone wishing you all a lovely week and happy crafting.
    Hugs Kathie SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for selecting my card! What a fun way to start the day. Congrats to the other winners as wel - lots of inspiration there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great sketch!!!
    Lovely DT cards ladies..... too bad I don't have any Deidre Mosher images...
    xxAngela

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for selecting my card amongst the Top 3 - I'm doing the happy dance! Look forward to creating with another great sketch this week - thank you to the DT for giving me the kick start with such great inspirational cards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post Linda and Congrats to our winner and top 3. Thank you to our sponsor this week- Deidre Mosher. Love the DT work, will be by to take a closer look.
    Hugs, Heide

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Everyone, Congratulations to Roberta and our Top 3...Loved your cards! I really enjoyed creating a card this week and I will be around to leave some comments for all of you. I always love using Deidre's Moshers images. Thanks, Deidre, for sponsoring us this week. Thanks, Linda, for your SSW post. We love our DT and all their help. Have a wonderful week!
    Hugs, Judi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats to the winners. Sometimes when the sketch is right you just go at it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Linda! I'm Heather and I was hoping you could answer a question I have about your blog! My email is Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi everyone, I am a little slow commenting today but wanted to congratulate our winners. Such a wonderful selection of cards this past week. Thanks Deidre for sponsoring us. It is always fun to work with your images. Thanks Linda for doing the post.
    Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  11. bear with me its the first time i have taken part in your challenge, i found it by accident. Fabulous dt cards ladies
    caroline

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love all the beautiful inspirational projects. You rock girls!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These samples are awesome, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks so much for selecting my card! I've only been participating in challenges for a few weeks now and I am truly honored and humbled to have been the winner last week!
    One problem though. I've tried a couple of times to use the email posted for Arlana and it keeps getting returned. (Insert very sad face) I'd really love to try Stamp Fairy products. Is there another email I should be using?
    Thanks--
    Roberta

    ReplyDelete
  15. Roberta, I apologize. It is sweetberrydesigns@hotmail.com. My mistake! Try again! Hugs, Judi

    ReplyDelete
  16. stunning DT cards ladies and another fabulous sketch :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Amazing DT inspiration and another fabby sketch to use and keep as well, thank you, Luv Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely card, nice sketch. It was fun to play with. Entered my card.
    Grtz Janette

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your sketches are always so fun to play along with and offer the opportunity to use so many layers. (Sometimes that is fun and sometimes it is such a challenge--this time it was fun!)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great DT cards again this week ladies.

    Well done

    Traceyxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Adorable DT creations! Thanks for the fun challenge and great sketch! I enjoyed playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Really lovely sketch! I enjoyed working with it and thanks for the wonderful inspiration! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great sketch! I had fun with this one.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wonderful samples from the DT, and another terrific sketch. Thanks for all the comments that the team gives - it is greatly appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a great line-up of cards this week - thanks to Deidre Mosher, LOVE working with her images!! Congrats to last week's Winner and Top Three!! We appreciate all your entries so much!!
    Blessings to all!!
    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi,

    Great sketch to work with.

    Claudia
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Haven't played along in a while, but this was a super fun sketch this week!! Thanks for always having a great challenge!
    <3 Emily L.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love Deidras cute images, will be a fun sketch to create with, too.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Great DT cards and a super sketch to play with, Jx

    ReplyDelete
  30. DT - what great and varied inspiration! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thanks ever so much for the always awesome and inspiring sketches and DT creations! I haven't 'played' along for ages...but still pop past to get great ideas:)

    ReplyDelete
  32. thanks for the inspiration.

    http://dunnitagaindesigns.wordpress.com/2013/08/31/come-play-with-me-at-scrapbook-com-september-card-challenge/

    ReplyDelete