Wednesday, November 23, 2011

SWEET SKETCH WEDNESDAY 129-33 Happy Thanksgiving

This is Nancy from the Sweet Sketch Wednesday design team as your host today. Thanksgiving is tomorrow and I can't help but think about all of the things that I am blessed with. I hope you will take the time to reflect on your blessing too.
Times are tuff for everyone these days, but if we stop and count our blessing, I think each one of use can find that we are richly blessed.  As I look back over the years, I find that my family is one of my most priceless blessing.  The fond memories that we have shared at Thanksgiving and Christmas mean so much to me,  As do other memoreis that I have gained throughout the years.
Most of us have memories of waking up on Thanksgiving to our mothers busy in the kitchen preparing the turkey or baking pumpkin pies.  The smell from either one of these would make our mouths water.  We could hardly wait until the food was on the table.  Our whole family would gather together and we would stuff ourselves with food until we couldn't eat any more.  I remember saying that "I will never do that again".  The next year would come and we would do that same thing all over again.  Mom's cooking was out of this world.  Oh, how I miss her cooking.

My husband, his brothers and our son would always sneak out for awhile before dinner was ready and play a game of football at a nearby park.  It became a tradition that they looked forward to every year. A lot of times the weather wasn't very good so they would come home with dirt and mud from head to toe.
Doesn't it feel so good to know that no matter where we live, what demomination we might be, the we have these holidays to bring those we love together and cherish most.  I hope that you will take a moment on Thanksgiving and count those blessings and give thanks.  Give a hug to your husband or wife, your mother or father.....and don't forget big hugs for the kids.  Let's be a little more forgiving and love each other a little more.  Give thanks for our military and the tremendous sacrifice they have made for us in protecting our freedoms. Give thanks for this beautiful earth that we live in.....the list goes on and on....
The Design Team at Sweet Sketch Wednesday would like to wish each of you a wonderful and Happy Thanksgiving.


Our sponsor this week is Melyssa from "Whimsie Doodles".

Whimsie Doodles is so excited to be sponsoring the new challenge! In March of 2009 Melyssa Connolly, artist and owner, began turning her whimsical hand-drawn images into digital files for sale online. Whimsie Doodles' digital stamp line features images that range from cute little boys and girls, to punny stuff, and everything in-between. We enjoy sharing lots of samples on our company blog, where we also post challenges and tutorials.

Special Offer:
A special offer for Sweet Sketch Wednesday fans - use the discount code SwtWed10 at the Whimsie Doodles online store and receive 10% off your next order! Code expires 30 days from today.*
*From date challenge goes live
Our Grand Prize winner this week will receive a $10.00 Gift Certificate from the Whimsie Doodle online store.
So, without any further delay......
Our Grand Prize Winner for last week is:
*******MAGS #20*******
Congratulations! Please contact Arlana at sweetberrydesigns@hotmail.com to claim your prize! Be sure to grab your Grand Prize Banner along the sidebar to proudly display on your blog!
And, our top three are:
1. Melody #7

2. Nicola #3

3. Creativek9 (Lisa) #4
Be sure to grab your Top Three Banner on the sidebar! Congratulations to you too!
Now on to the terrific sketch this week and a fun sponsor too. Take a look....
Arlana has brought back a sketch from the past this week.  Our sketch is 129-33
I hope you enjoy working with it.
Here are our delightful cards from our design team.  Enjoy!!






Pretty awesome showing of the wonderful digi stamps at WHIMSIE DOODLES don't you agree?! I hope this inspires you to join us in the challenge this week.
To play along in the Sweet Sketch Wednesday challenge is really simple

1. Create a card using the sketch of the week. You may use any stamp or element you have to create your card, however if you have any WHIMSIE DOODLES images, we'd love to see what you can
do with them.


2. If posting to an online gallery, please use Sweet Sketch 129-33.


3. Add a link on your blog to Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

4. Post your card along with the link.

5. Sign into Inlinkz and add a direct link back to your card on your site.

6. Be sure to leave a comment here as we love hearing from you. You must do this to be considered for the Grand Prize.

And most important: Have Fun!!!!


Thanks so much for stopping by,  Nancy and

Photobucket


25 comments:

  1. Well I might as well be the first to comment since I was the last on last week post. Oh Nancy thanks so much for reminding me about moms special cooking. She was the best cook. I too cherish all those memories. What a special time and I am so thankful for all my blessing. I am thankful for all of you and for the chance oh having a fun blog and so many followers. Thanks to my design team for the Sweet support and efforts every week. To my followers for loving and supporting this blog. Big thanks goes out to Melissa at Whimsey Doodle for our images and for sponsoring us. We love creating with your digis. Happy thanksgiving everyone!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cards and images and another wonderful sketch. Many thanks for choosing my card for your Top 3.
    Happy Thanksgiving.
    Nicola -x-

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!! I hope the holiday is wonderful for all of you and I too want to thank you for the opportunity to be part of this wonderful family of friends that get to share together here at SSW each week.I appreciate you the followers and the sponsors that support us, and my team mates that are my extra family. May God Bless you each one. Nancy, what a wonderful post and thank you Whimsie Doodle, welcome aboard. Take care my friends.
    Hugs, Patti

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

    The DT have given me the inspiration and that's all you need. The cards are fantastic.

    I'll be back later with my card!!!

    Anne-Marie x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning everyone and Happy Thanksgiving. I hope your week is filled with joy and happiness as each of you spend time with your families this week. Thanks to our DT for the love and support that you give to our DT family. And thanks to our followers. We love seeing your cards each week. They give us so much inspiration. Thanks Whimsie Doodles for sponsoring us this week. Again, HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
    Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats, to the winners!
    Great sketch and super inspiration from the DT.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Thanksgiving everyone
    Was delighted to find out I was the winner of last weeks challenge.
    These sketch challenges are great and I love seeing all the inspiration from the DT.
    Well done
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Everyone, Happy Thanksgiving to everyone that Celebrates it, this is something we don't do in New Zealand but I know I would enjoy it as much as you do if we did.
    Aren't our design teams cards just wonderful this week such awesome images and cards. Thank you Melyssa for being our sponsor this week what wonderful images we had to work with I loved working with mine. Arlana I love this fun sketch even the first time I used it. Nancy thank you my friend for being you and putting together this awesome posting from the heart I love every little bit about it and yes Patti is right the design team are all our extended family as we work closely together and still live thousands of miles apart. Wishing everyone a wonderful week crafting and congratulations to our winner Mags and to our Top 3 cards awesome work.
    Hugs to everyone
    Kathie SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW, I love the cards!!! Particularly the fan on the little asian girl and the little gnomes!!! Another fantastic sketch, I just finished my card.
    thank you
    Brigitte

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, how I love this sketch and I love what the DT has created with it. Beautiful Christmas card, Brigitte. Anxious to see what our other followers will create with it too! Thanks to Whimsie Doodles for sponsoring us this week! Nancy, I really appreciated your post. Sometimes we get so busy that we forget to take time to remember our blessings. I am excited to have our family together tomorrow for a day of Thanksgiving. Today as I worked on rolls and pies, I definitely thought of Mom too and was wishing she were here to help me. She was such a fabulous cook. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone this week whether you are celebrating or not! And if you are not...enjoy a simple little dinner and some togetherness time with your loved ones!
    Hugs, Judi

    ReplyDelete
  11. I throughly enjoyed this week's sketch. Seriously, it has really put a smile on my face, even kept me up late because I wanted to finish and post. Thank you ladies for the inspiration and joy. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations to the winner and top three, wonderful cards from everyone. Nancy I really enjoyed reading your lovely post. Have a wonderful week everyone - Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  14. This sketch was perfect for a card I did a tutorial on at www.clearlyistamp.typepad.com
    I put a link on there to this wonderful challenge. hope that was okay. if not let me know and I will remove it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a fun sketch. Beautiful inspiration from the DT as well.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great sketch again this week. Have now uploaded my card.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for a great sketch, and the fabulous DT inspiration, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabby cards ladies and fabby sketch xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Top sketch and great DT cards! I have made a calendar this week using the sketch (a Christmas present).
    Love the Whimsy Doodle images, especially the snowmen and the gnomes!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fabby sketch!It was pleasure to work on it!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a cute sketch! Great DT cards.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great sketch, Wonderful DT inspiration
    Hugs Julie P

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great cards by the DT. Loved this sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks so much for the inspiration as always:)I'm so glad I had a chance to play along!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fantastic sketch and love what the DT has done with it! congrats to all the winners and hope everybody had a wonderful American Thanksgiving ( as we in Canada celebrated ours in October )

    ReplyDelete