Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Sweet Sketch Wednesday 166 and Elisabeth Bell

Hey everybody! This is Erika from the Sweet Sketch Wednesday Design Team posting from hot and sunny Southern California. I live up in the High Desert away from the busy cities in the LA area, although they are all pretty accessable. Living in the desert has its extreme heat and extreme cold . It is getting pretty toasty here late in the summer too.  Here are a few pictures from my part of the world...


Desert Wildflowers


Joshua Trees


Desert Tortoise

 For those of you who are new to this blog, we welcome you to the Sweet Sketch Wednesday Sketch Challenge! We are so happy to have you join us! And for those loyal followers, we welcome you back and thank you for your support!

We are always so excited to see all of your creations and we are so glad that you share them with us!
Let’s get started this week by announcing the winners of last week’s challenge….
The Grand Prize Winner of Sketch #165 is:
Carla Suto #13
Congratulations! Please contact Arlana at sweetberrydesigns@hotmail.com to claim your prize and be sure to grab your winner’s badge from the sidebar and display it proudly on your blog.

Our Top Three are:

1. Lori Bryns #9

2. Sheena #10

3. Colinda #3

Awesome job! Please grab your Top 3 badge from the sidebar and post it on your blog!

Now here is this week’s fabulous Sketch 166…..


What another fun and fabulous sketch from Arlana! Please make sure that you read all the rules at the bottom of the post so that you can be eligible to win the Grand Prize!

We have a wonderful sponsor this week: Elisabeth Bell Designs!

http://www.elisabethbell.com/digital-collection

Digi Bells Blog

http://digibellsdt.blogspot.com/

Elisabeth Bells Digital Collection features enchanting, whimsical, Digital stamps for all of your paper-crafting projects!
Although Elisabeth illustrates for several stamp companies, no one except Elisabeth Bell herself has a collection of sweet digital stamps, this is a perfect way to get your instant gratification.
With a growing catalog of high-quality digi stamps, Elisabeth offers a multitude of themes. Such as holidays, special occasions, childrens adorable characters, and just the everyday cuteness that Elisabeth is famous for producing.
These Digi Stamps are available in standard black and white line art, and are great for resizing, and rotating to suite your needs.
Inspiration, by her very own Design Team, is posted, and shared daily, on Elisabeth’s “Digi Bells Blog” using Elisabeth Bell’s digital art.

Our Grand Prize winner will receive their choice of 2 digis from the three that we have created with:


Creative Genius

Click

Toot Toot

Thank you so much Elisabeth for sponsoring us! Your images are just darling!

Here are the creations of the Design Team with these three cute Elisabeth Bell images:

Arlana



Nancy

We hope these samples inspire you to create and join in our challenge this week.

  Now, for a little more news this week. Sweet Sketch Wednesday is having a Design Team Call.
Sweet Sketch Wednesday is holding a Design Team call. We are looking for two (2) individuals to join our Design Team. The successful applicant does not have to have Design Team experience but must have an active blog and be creative, enthusiastic and punctual.

The successful applicant must be willing and able to do the following:
Create a card each week with the sketch provided
Comment on all DT members cards
Create and blog one project per week (further requirements such as a blog hop may come up once in a while)
Take good photos and submit them on time (currently each Saturday by midnight MST)
Use sponsor images
Comment on challenge entries as stated in SSW guidelines and rules.
Respond to all emails and requests for information on time
To apply - send an email with Design Team Call in the subject line to mulberrystationdesign@gmail.com with the following information:
Your name
Your email
Your blog URL and links to any online galleries you might have
Three (3) samples of your best work
A list of your past and present Design Teams (if any)
A little bit about you

A brief note about why you would like to be part of the Sweet Sketch Wednesday Design Team
This Design Team call will end on August 21st. And, the successful applicants ONLY will be notified by August 31st.

Here are the Sweet Sketch Wednesday challenge rules for playing along this week:
1. Create a card using the sketch of the week. If you have Elisabeth Bell Image, we’d love to see what you can do with them. However, you may use any stamp or element you have to create your card.

2. If you are posting to an online gallery, please use Sweet Sketch Wednesday #166 as your label or tag.

3. Add the sketch of the week to your blog and include a link back to Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

4. Post your card on your blog along with the link to SSW.

5. Sign in to InLinkz and add a direct link back to your card on your site.

6. Be sure to leave a comment here on this site and please remember that this is one of the rules to be considered for the Grand Prize.

Have a fantastic week creating!

Note: The challenge closes on Tuesday evening, 7:00 pm MST

Erika and 
Photobucket
Posted by Picasa

26 comments:

  1. Thanks for choosing me for the top 3.I was so thrilled with all off your sweet comments. Have a great day, Colinda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Everyone, wow Erika I want some of your warmth. It isn't really cold here in New Zealand but it hasn't stopped raining here and I hate the rain. Congratulations to Carla our winner and our Top 3 cards great work ladies. Thanks to Elisabelth Bell for being our sponsor I love your images and especially love how my card turned out. Great sketch Arlana and Erika thanks so much for doing the SSW posting this week. I did n't realise that you lived in the Desert wonderful photo's. Take care everyone and have fun crafting with this weeks sketch.
    Hugs
    Kathie SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Kathie, I would trade weather in a heart beat! We so could use the rain! What a fabulous line up from the DT! Great cards ladies! Congrats to our winners! Many thanks to Elisabeth Bell for sponsoring us with another wonderful sketch from Arlana. Have a great week!
    Erika

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Everyone, The Dt cards are so adorably sweet this week. Erika I love you pictures. Thanks for doing the post. It always fun to know a little about where we live. Big thanks to Elisabeth Bell . You image are just the sweetest ever. I know i had so much fun creating with mine. Always such fun creations from our players. Cant wait to see what you come up with this week. Be sure to enter the Design Team contest. Have a sweet week everyone!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. FAB DT cards using these adorable Elisabeth Bell images :-) I have just linked my card ... I have rotated the sketch because I thought it suited my image better.

    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Erika, thanks for the post. I love seeing the pictures. I think I live in the desert, but you certainly have me beat in that department. I wish it would rain too. Thanks Elizabeth for sponsoring us this week. It is always a pleasure to be able to color up your images. Congrats to the winners. I hope everyone has a wonderful crafty week!!
    Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pics, Erika. I love the tortoise! Thanks for sharing your part of the world. Congrats to our winners this week! Elizabeth, we so appreciate your sponsorship this week. I love what the DT created with their images! Have a great week!
    Hugs, Judi

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a great sketch this week - loved playing along!!!!! Miss you ladies :)

    Deanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do love SSW that is no secret! This sketch was super fun to work on, and so inspiring! I have struggled to find time to craft, which is ironic since my kids all started school July 30, but I am making time to craft. I have to! Thank you ladies for giving me a reason to look forward to wednesdays!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Gals! I always love your sketches and thanks for all the great inspiration!
    Hugs, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  12. ooooooooh my pic hasn`t shown up..if it still isn`t showing i will try again later xx
    gorgeous creations again this week girls xx
    vanessa (nessy)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fab creations everyone and another great sketch xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. What wonderful cards from the DT and what incredible Bell images.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Super cards by the DT and I love the desert pictures. I've rotated the sketch for my card. Hope this is okay. Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW!! As always such an inspiration to pop on by to see the latest at SSW!!! I'm so glad that I've had a chance to play along this week:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really enjoyed the sketch this week. The DT cards are amazing as always. Thanks for the lovely comments you leave on my blog x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Another great sketch ladies! Thanks so much for the opportunity to play along.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you for the great sketch and the sweet examples to inspire us.

    ReplyDelete
  20. You've all done such a great job with this sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fabulous sketch this week! I loved using it! Great inspiration from the DT.

    -Lori Byrns

    ReplyDelete
  23. On entry #23, I clicked the wrong picture on that post. My entry is actually my second card. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks you for this sketch, he is easy and I have a pleasur to create my card.

    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi ladies! I am so happy I was able to play along this week!!! I am not in to win, just to share smiles and to stop by with hugs and let you know I think of you often. Big hugs!
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  26. I am thrilled to have won last week! Congrats to the Top Three! Thanks for another great sketch to work with this week! The DT samples are absolutely adorable! I enjoyed playing along again!

    ReplyDelete