Wednesday, June 8, 2011

A Sweet Sketch...

is waiting for "yinz!" That's Pittsburgh, PA lingo for you guys!!!! Yep, it's Linda, writing to you from the City of Bridges.

We are actually re-visiting an old sketch from week 44. How fun, thanks Arlana.

And we have a wonderful sponsor this week...it's Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps. The prize this week is two rubber stamps:
Rollerblading Chloe and Kitty Cat Josh, both pictured below.
How fun!!!







Now before getting on to our winner and top 3 from last week, I wanted to share some pictures with you of my highlights of living in Pittsburgh. This first pic shows looking across one of three rivers to the city skyline, several of the bridges, and the incline plane.




Not far from Pittsburgh is this beautiful home built by architect Frank Lloyd Wright called Falling Water. In the 1930s he built this lovely summer home over a 30 foot waterfall. People who lived in Pittsburgh often summered elsewhere to get away from the smog of the steel industry. Falling Water today is a National Historic Landmark and utterly fascinating to tour.

Now I think you all know that I am a HUGE sports fan. We are lucky enough to have three professional teams that we enjoy watching on TV or going to the games.

Football - Pittsburgh Steelers

Hockey - Pittsburgh Penguins


Baseball - Pittsburgh Pirates

I know you want to know why I posted a picture of a sandwich. Well this is no ordinary sandwich, it's a Primanti Brother's sandwich. Many food tv shows have been to Primanti Brothers to feature the infamous sandwich with meat, cheese, lettuce, tomato, french fries and cole slaw all stacked up between two slices of bread. I made the mistake once of asking for the fries on the side...needless to say that didn't go over too well with the kitchen staff!


Now on to last week's winners...

THE GRAND PRIZE WINNER IS...

TARA BIBAO #2

Please email Arlana at sweetberrydesigns@hotmail.com to claim your prize.

Be sure to grab your Grand Prize Banner along the sidebar and display it on your blog with pride...because you are a winner!!!

OUR TOP 3...

#1: TIP TOP

#2: TANJA

#3 ERIKA O
Be sure to grab your badge along the sidebar and display it proudly!


Before showing you the stunning DT cards, I have some sad news to share. We are saying good-bye to the lovely Deanne from Sweet Sketch Wednesday DT. I know that I speak for everyone that you and your talent will be greatly missed. She has threatened though to return and play along some weeks!!!! Good luck Deanne!!!

Now without further ado, here is our DT line up of wonderful inspiration:

Deanne


Arlana



Genevieve



Kathie


Jeannie


Sharon

Jacki


Judi


Nancy


Linda


To play along this week, it's simple:

1. Create a card using the sketch of the week. You may use any stamp or element you have to create your card, however, if you have any Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps, we'd love to see what you do with them.

2. If posting to an on-line gallery, please use Sweet Sketch 105-44.

3. Add a link on your blog to Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

4. Post your card along with the link.

5. Sign in to Inlinkz and add a direct link back to your site.

6. Be sure to leave a comment here as we love hearing from you. You must do this to be considered for the Grand Prize.

And most important: HAVE FUN!!!








29 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the top three placing and wonderful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow girls what an amazing line up of cards this week they all look awesome. Congratulations to all our winners this week there were some amazing cards. Thank you
    Sparkle from Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps for being our sponsor this week. I loved my image it's super cute. Thanks Arlana for your oldie but a goodie this is another great sketch. Linda thanks for your awesome posting
    and wonderful pictures from your part of the world I think my son would love that sandwich??? Deanne wishing you all the very best don't forget to come back and take part in our challenges. Wishing everyone an awesome week of crafting.
    Hugs
    Kathie SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now THAT is a sandwich!!!!! Love your photos Linda. Thanks for everything ladies - I will be back, I promise - you will be sick of me I am sure ;)

    Thanks to Sparkle Creations and Arlana for another great sketch!

    Deanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning everyone!! Wow is right!! I love all the amazing cards this week from our DT. I was fun to use these wonderful images from Sparkle Creations. Thank you so much for being our sponsor this week. Thanks Linda for posting. It is so fun to see pictures in your part of the world....and wow, that sandwich is to die for!! Good luck Deanne. You will be missed. It has been wonderful having you apart of our team.
    Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great sketch and fab inspiration from the DT. Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Pittsburgh looks fab! Great post Linda. Congrats to last weeks winners, beautiful creations as always. Thanks to Sparkle Creations for our adorable images. It was fun using this sketch again, thanks Arlana & last but not least, all the best Deanne, I'll miss ya x

    Hope everyone has a great week :)
    Genevieve

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Fantastic sketch and the DT do such wonderful cards. Anne-Marie x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was fun sharing pics of what Pittsburgh means to me. I love it here, just wish it didn't snow!!!!! LOL!! Congrats to our winners and can't wait to see what great creations we'll see this week!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hard to believe another Wednesday is here already but don't you just love the cards this week! What a fun variety! Thank you, Sparkle Creations! Arlana, I loved using this sketch again! Linda, thanks for you fabulous post. The Primanti Brothers sandwich definitely looks like a MANwich. I'm like you I think I would like my fries separate but I'm sure it still tastes wonderful! Thanks for sharing your pics with us this week...beautiful city! I have seen FLW photo of this home many times but I would love to see it in person. I bet it is spectacular! Congrats to our winners this week! The cards were all wonderful. Deanne, I will truly miss you and your bright, beautiful cards! They are always such an inspiration to me. I have also love your photographic skills in displaying your lovely creations. Please do stay connected! Hugs! Judi

    ReplyDelete
  10. oops! almost forgot to leave a comment in my hurry!! I love the cards this week--well every week, but you know what I mean!! Very cute images!! I have linked up my card! Thanks for the fun sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Ladies, terrific cards as always and a great sketch. Never managed to make it last week.

    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello ladies, fab DT cards, I love them! Lovely to see an old sketch, I got my dimensions a little bit wrong, but it kinda looks right! Hope you're all well and having a lovely week. I love seeing photos of your home towns each week! Wedgie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. how funny to find out you live HERE in pittsburgh! ha! I just stopped by to see the sketch & DT's wonderful cards, and saw "Steeler's logo, then Penguins! So i started to scroll up, and saw the pic. of downtown pittsburgh, and saw even the pirates logo! I'm an outsider BUT luv Penguins! :-) Anyways, great DT's cards as always! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous cards, DT!! Just stunning. Thank you, as always, for the lovely sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Another Awesome Sketch Arlana! Beautiful DT Inspirations, I just love your sketches! I hope y'all have a wonderful weekend! Happy Creating! Sara

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good Morning everyone!!!! Such a fun post from Linda this week. Im love those pictures and that sandwich looks very yummy. A special thanks goes out to Linda for posting and also Sparle Creations for sponsoring us this week. Wow loving the sweet cards from the DT. Have a sweet week everyone :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks yet again Arlana for another fabulous sketch to give me the inspiration to craft. The cards created by the DT ladies are all beautiful. Pittsburgh looks lovely, that sandwich looks very different, wouldn't mind trying one of them mmm.

    ReplyDelete
  18. hiya chickies! sure have missed you and gettin scrappy happy! thanks so much for the inspiration and fabulous sketch.

    lovin those pics,too! and yep..what a yummy looking sandwhich! thanks for sharing chickie!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fabulous creations! Super cute images! I'm glad to have played along this week.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great sketch and fab cards from the DT. I love the images this week- not seen them before and they are super. Thanks for sharing the photos of Pittsburg- I look forward to seeing a different bit of the world each week now.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Cracking sketch, I really enjoyed working with this one! Thanks for the cute DT cards!

    Lovely photos of Pittsburgh, too, the Frank Lloyd Wright building looks amazing!

    luv, Mags x

    ReplyDelete
  22. another fab sketch and so gorgeous creations from the DT!
    hugs
    céline

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great cards by the DT members. I've been taking a break from card making.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful sketch and you all have made lovely cards!!
    groetjes Tinie

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thank you so much for choosing me for Top 3! I had a lot of fun with this sketch this week. I hope that you like what I did!
    Erika O

    ReplyDelete
  26. Fabulous sketch.. and so neat to see the pics too- although I don't think I could make myself try that sandwhich with fries and coleslaw on it hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I so love this sketch, so much that I made two cards using it, lol! Thanks for the fun challenge and I love the pictures and the DT cards are as always fabulous :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great sketch this week, loved it,
    H xx

    ReplyDelete